Monday, July 28, 2014

End of Days

I am in the process of attacking the living room, the ceiling has been patched, sanded, and washed, and now awaits painting. The nail head dimples, of which there seem to be a never ending supply of, have proved annoying. After covering them and sanding, still some of the plaster does not attach itself to the nail head itself, so I am going with the, "most are hidden" policy, the rest will add a bit of rusticity matching the kitchen.

My vacation is over tomorrow and it is the only day Julie can be here, So since my uncle has temporarily moved in, I have kicked him out for the day (tomorrow) and starting at 10am, we will shove all the furniture left in the room to the east wall, then paint the clear section of the ceiling, then shove it all to the opposite side and paint the remainder. I would prefer not having the items in there at all but it would require disassembling some large pieces which were assembled in place.

With any luck, two coats to the ceiling and perhaps one wall will get done leaving one wall and one wall and stair case. The south wall is wood inlay over a brick fireplace and I still have to find something to remove the paint that was accidentally applied to it years ago without ruining the wood finish stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment