Monday, September 15, 2014

Looking up.

The ceiling in the stairwell has been painted, white, all that leaves to do there is the walls, the trim, the doors, the stair rails, the step risers, the bannister rails, the mouldings, the step replacement, the staining....



Its funny, I grew up this house and until I had to paint it and put up mouldings, I never noticed how, when my parents built the house, (finishing it in 1959), that it must been a long time and a lot of work, Because the staiway walls and ceiling are not what you would consider, square....
.

Not to mention, In those 54 years, I never noticed the samll gaps they left at joints..

Or how about that piece of wood to the left, I don't know if it is a ceiling support or a gap filler.


 I can say, filled, sanded and repainted, most people won't even notice...
Most people don't go upstairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment