Monday, August 24, 2015

Clearing the upstairs

I assaulted the rear attic yesterday. There are two bedrooms upstairs, behind the north bedroom we had installed a door and a floor over the den ceiling. It's one of those rooms you can stand up straight in, if you five and a half feet tall. That room has more items stored in it that I thought possible. I cleared out, so far, two end tables, four dining room wooden chairs, a four drawer cabinet, and numerous baskets and pieces of luggage. Still to go....a lot, there is a bureau on the far end, a trunk on the near end, fans, more fans, space heaters (the old open face hot grid style), Christmas wrappings, bows, ribbons and boxes for packages. There are a bunch of boxes that I don't now what they hold, perhaps Jimmy Hoffa. In my youth we used to dig up bottle dumps. these were areas near stone walls on the back fields of farms, places the farmers used for a dump. Mostly they were filled with roots and rusted cans plus lots and lots of bottles, soda, medicine, and ailment cures, anything that came in glass could be found in these dumps. I know there are a few boxes of these stuffed up there somewhere and I am in the process of pulling it all out and putting most of it in that new storage bin outback, the 30 yard dumpster. So, that's where I will probably be for the next few days, wading through antiquity.


No comments:

Post a Comment