Saturday, November 14, 2015

Haven't done much but have a lot to do

I haven't really been doing much on the house, the game room is still half painted, but I have mixed emotions about finishing that. I did put up three storm windows, not as easy as it used to be. The storm windows used to just hook on, pivot in and hook closed, but after they installed the vinyl siding years ago, the windows have to be screwed in place. I have decided that since the AC runs in the summer and heat in the winter to make the storm windows permanent. Most of the windows in the house were replaced with double pane when they did the siding and when I get some extra money again I will replace the rest, in the meantime they are getting hard mounted. Three are up, but the siding trim they put on does not allow the windows to seat all the way in. So I screwed in the kitchen window, placed a moulding along the bottom window gap and sealed it with caulking. I will do the others this afternoon. 

I did install blinds in the kitchen on the window and door. 

As for cleaning out the spare room on the second floor I stopped working on it because there are five rather large items to be brought down and tossed in the dumpster, being alone I have not been able to attack that issue, but Reuben is coming over tomorrow and we will get those three bookcases, a head board, an old dresser and an old TV tossed out. After that is done I can get at the rest of the room which has a lot of stored smaller crap to be cleared out. Then that room will be ready for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment