Friday, December 5, 2014

The Flloor...The Television...The knee

I have purposely not built the television stand and hooked up the television because TV, I find, keeps me from working. If there is no TV to veg in front of, then I have time to fix things, Plus it was working as an incentive to get the living room completed so it could be set up.

Well, next week, the 11th, I go in for knee surgery, this means no squatting, no kneeling, no over working the knee for a few days. There is no way I am going to be stuck in a house for Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, sitting staring at the walls. So I need to set up the television, this means building the new stand, which means, unless I want to take it all apart again, having the floor done.


let's face it, it needs work. last night after work, I got down on my knees with a pocket knife and chipped off all the little paint splotches from working on the stairs, walls and ceiling. Once that was done I vacuumed the floor and applied the water base sealant. 
I used Bona, which comes in High Gloss, Semi Gloss and Matte. Wanting to keep the livid in older home, (Not Museum floor) look I opted for matte.
You can see in the photo that I will be doing this floor in sections, you can see the sealed cleaned section and the not yet touched section. Furniture will have to be moved.



This morning, before work, I started the television stand...
Made in China, more on that here.




No comments:

Post a Comment