Monday, December 1, 2014

When buying home improvement items

I have come to realize how important it is to have your glasses with you. Your see sometimes, (often), what you think you are buying is not at all what you get. Case in point...

I would like to watch television, I miss tuning into BBC America World News before work. To watch television I have to un-box it and mount it. Before I can do that though I have to un-crate the Television stand. 

Buuut, the hardwood floor in the Living room is disgusting. It needs cleaning and resealing. On Saturday I started scrubbing, old school, just like in the old movies, hands and knees, a scrub brush, a bucket, some towels and Murphy's oil Soap. I started with the section of the floor that runs from the kitchen to the front vestibule. The floor came out nice, the floor grain is looking good, now for something to treat the floor.

Which by the way, is the reason for the first part of this post. I wandered through the labyrinth of Home Depot searching for a Hardwood floor finish. I was leaning towards old school style, wax.
I found a product by "Minwax", it is named, "Hardwood Floor Reviver". A product that revives hardwood floors, exactly what I was looking for. Or..was it. I purchased it. With the section done where the television needs to go, I need to do the floor in sections because of the furniture, it will be move the room, treat a section. Move the room treat a section. I pealed back the label on the back of the bottle for the application instructions. this is where you find the warning, do not use on untreated hardwood floors. What the product should say on the front, instead of hardwood floor Reviver is hardwood floor polyurethane repair. 

BRING GLASSES, peal and read instructions, not cover ads

No comments:

Post a Comment