Saturday, August 16, 2014

Finding out the hard way.

"I heard you last night".  These were the first words out of my uncles mouth this morning. In case you are not aware of it, My uncle lived in a mobile home park. He finally decided the trailer maintenance was a bit much to keep up with and made arrangements to move to an assisted living complex. Being 85 years old, while he is still mobile and still drives, working on a building was getting to be a bit much. He contacted a facility in Groton and they told him he was on the top of the list and should be moving in around late July. He placed his Mobile Home up for sale (late June). In the middle of July he sold the trailer with the agreement with the new owners he would be out by August 1st. The last week of July rolled in and the assisted living facility told him, "Oops". So having no where to go, he moved in with me, right now it looks like it will be October before he can get into the facility, (hopefully by then).

Anyway, I, as you know am working on the house. I gave him my first floor (finished) bedroom. I moved back upstairs to the heat and squalor. With everything I have left to do and everything I want to get done, my head fills with lists of what to do when I go home. The problem is, when I get out of work, I am tired (boredom) and in no mood to jump on those things I plan to do. I usually eat supper, do laundry, sit back watch a movie and relax. Sometimes a unexpected nap arrives. I usually get energy and motivation once that is done. Oft times, I start working at around midnite. Last night was no different, I did the white paint trim work, ran the moldings as far as they would go before having to deal with the next wall. I mopped up the floor in the area I was going to work and installed the blinds and curtain rod fixtures.  Here's a note, curtain rods, for some reason, it appears,are mostly made in China, while they look pretty good and the parts go together easily and are sturdy, the hardware they give you absolutely sucks. The screws it would seem are made of tin and when they come in contact with wood the heads strip right out.

             Anyway, I guess he's not used to hearing power tools between 1 and 2 in the morning.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment