Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sometimes you need to look back to be able to look ahead.

Seeing all the work I have left to do, all the main work, plus all the things we left behind to touch up or get later, gets rather depressing some days. You start to get the feeling you are going nowhere and have done nothing.

Then, as if something knows you need a boost, you find something. My computer crashed and had to be kick started to day one, Manufacture default. This means everything I had, photos, documents, downloaded programs, all gone. While that was going on I fired up the old computer that was downstairs, (not wifi compatible). It has a load of photos in it and in that pile was a bunch of pictures I took of Softail, Soft-tail was a kitten that showed up one night in cold weather so I brought it in the house. My cat, Tink, was not happy about the matter. So I went looking for a new home for the little critter, which after three months I found. That kitten left me with some unusual memories, like finding it one morning in the fireplace behind the glass doors. How it got there I could not figure out, until two days later when I watched it walking across the ridge-beam of the house. The idiot came down the chimney. But anyway, I took pictures of it when I first started working on the house, ie...the reason for the kitchen floor replacement.

Man...the house really has come a long way..






No comments:

Post a Comment