Monday, May 19, 2014

The why's of it

I inherited a house and it needed a tad bit of work, like a new kitchen floor, having the chimney re-pointed, the roofing (two layers of asphalt shingles over cedar shakes) removed and replaced. the furniture and fixtures replaced, the entire interior washed and repainted, well the list goes on. Even after doing the items the list goes on, as a matter of fact it gets longer and longer.

To be honest, I am not very ambitious, hell when it comes right down to it, you may say lazy. Now I have to say, I am all in favor of having the house renewed, I'm just not really the guy who should be doing it. Don't get me wrong, I can cut wood, put in shelves and all that,  but scrubbing and painting...the thought makes me shudder. Luckily, I know two girls, well, women. A mother and daughter and I have found that between the two of them they can do anything, and to be totally honest a lot better than I ever could. There is also a small issue with my ability to do the work.  Can't stand long, can't walk far, kneeling down means not getting up easy. Am going to doctors for tests to find the cause of the afliction. 

I say luckily I know them because they got this project going, truthfully it's because they know me. They show up and get to work, even when I'm not there. I come home after work and find progress everyday. They know that if they weren't there the work would be no where near as finished as it is. They give me chores, "I'll be cleaning and painting this tomorrow, so you need to.... tonight". hell it works.

So this blog is dedicated to the two girls I love the most, Nat and Jules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment